About this course
The Masters in Counseling programme covers all the main areas of study required of a professional counsellor. It addresses issues in social psychology, developmental psychology, the helping relationship, testing and assessment, group work, research methodology, ethics in the helping profession, career guidance and development, and practical work.
The curriculum is also structured according to the requirements of the Standards and Requirements of Training for Counsellors 2003-2010 as set by the Malaysian Board of Counsellors.
Total Course Fees
Contact us to get the full fee structure.
- MC-501 – Human Development Across The Lifespan
- MC-502 – Social Diversity and Culture
- MC-503 – Theories of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MC-504 – Career Information and Career Development
- MC-505 – Techniques and the Process of Counselling
- MC-506 – Research Methods and Statistics
- MC-507 – Group Process
- MC-608 – Testing and Assessment
- MC-609 – Theory and Practice of Career Counselling
- MC-610 – Marital and Family Counselling
- MC-611 – Analysis of Individuals and Groups in Counselling
- MC-612 – Issues and Ethics in the Helping Profession
- MC-613 – Counselling Practicum
- MC-714 – Thesis Writing
- MC-715 – Counselling Internship
- This programme is designed to suit the needs of working adults
- Part time
All lectures are scheduled on 2-3 weekday nights, Monday and/or Wednesday and/or Friday
- Full time
Subject to availability
- Examination (40-60%)
- Course Work (40-60%)
- High Distinction (HD
85 – 100 marks
- Distinction (D)
75 – 85 marks
- Credit (CR)
65 – 74 marks
- Pass (PS)
50 – 64 marks
- Fail (FL)
0 – 49 marks
Applicants must have one of the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years’ study in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or equivalent preferably but not necessarily with industry experience. Those with a lower CGPA but with a minimum of 5 years’ working experience are also admissible.
- For international candidates, English Proficiency in terms of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is requirement for course commencement.
Why Psychology @ HELP?
- Largest Asian Undergraduate Psychology Programme
- Distinguished Academics
- Strong Research Culture