About this course
WHAT IS POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING?
Quality teacher training for mid-career professionals and those aiming to further their career in teaching and learning.
Become a competent and academically qualified teacher to meet the growing demand in the private sector education.
Be equipped with skills that make teaching and learning efficacious and interesting.
There are 2 semesters comprising of 9 weeks in each semester. Students should be able to complete the programme within 6 months.
THE INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (ITU)
The ITU is a WASC1-accredited, non-profit, graduate university. It is located in the Silicon Valley, US and close to many high-tech companies e.g. Apple, Google, Cisco and HP. The Master of Science programmes enable students to gain a one-year industry experience with US employers where students can earn money and gain work experience at the same time.
Total Course Fees
Contact us to get the full fee structure.
Applicants must have one of the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of at least 3 years’ study from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, preferably but not necessarily with industry experience. A lower CGPA may be acceptable subject to internal assessment or if applicant has a minimum of 5 years’ working experience.
- Candidates without a computing degree will need to complete prerequisite preparatory modules for this PGCSE advanced study.
- For international candidates, English Proficiency in terms of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent is requirement for course commencement.
International applicants must have one of the following entry requirements
- TOEFL (Internet based)
- TOEFL (Paper based)
Students hoping to gain the ITU postgraduate degree can first spend 6 months at HELP University completing 5 modules before progressing to ITU. The credits from these 5 modules will be accepted as part of a credit-transfer arrangement with ITU. The students will only need to spend a year at ITU to complete a one-year internship placement and 5 academic subjects (conducted in the evenings or weekends). Once the student has been awarded the postgraduate degree, he/she can continue to work in the US for another 36 months.
Credits earned in the PGCSE will be accepted in any of the following masters programmes:
- MSc in Software Engineering
- MSc in Software Engineering specialising in Computer Science
- MSc in Software Engineering specialising in Information & Cybersecurity
- MSc in Engineering Management
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- MSc in Computer Engineering
- MBA in Business Analytics
Students will only need to spend ONE year at ITU to complete a one-year paid fulltime internship placement and 5 academic subjects (conducted in the evenings or weekends).
Graduates from these programmes may be eligible to apply for up to three years of Post-Master’s Optional Practical Training (OPT) in the USA, under current Federal regulations.