University of London Programmes, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics & Economics
About this course
This degree focuses on how mathematics and economics connect and interact. You will not only acquire technical skills but also powers of analysis. The ability to think analytically will enable you to adapt to new developments in your chosen career.
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) believes that the combination of mathematics and economics instils such an ability. You will be able to understand how rigorous proofs can be given in mathematics, and see how the theories developed can be used in an economics context.
The general skills you will gain will enable you to proceed to a successful career in many fields. In this programme, you will learn how formal mathematics is done-why it is important to have precise definitions, and how results can be proved and techniques justified.
Programme Name: Bachelor of Science (Hons) Mathematics and Economics (KPT/JPS (R/314/6/0014) (MQA/FA2395) 04/23)
Duration of Study:3 years
Study Mode: Full Time
Awarding Institution: University of London
Total Course Fees
- HELP CAT has been awarded the Affiliate Centre status by the University of London for excellence in conducting their International Programmes.
- You can obtain a prestigious UK Bachelor of Science degree, with honours, in 3 years.
- The degree can be completed entirely at HELP CAT – with great savings in cost.
- The degree certificate and academic transcripts are issued directly by the University of London.
- Academic direction for the degree is provided by the world-renowned London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Flexibility of transfer.
- We have a proven track record of excellent results and First Class Honours graduates.
- Scholarship awards from LSE are available for top-achievers.
- Accredited by MQA.
- Fast-track membership accreditation by professional bodies for accounting and finance.
- Introduction to Economics
- Statistics 1 + Statistics 2
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Hubungan Etnik / Malaysian Studies
- Strategic Planning for Entrepreneurs
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
2 A-Level/STPM passes with3 O-Level/SPM credits including Mathematics
3 A-Level/STPM passes with O-Level/SPM credit including Mathematics
Foundation with minimum of 2.0 CGPA with 5 O-Level/SPM credits including Mathematics and English
UEC with 5 grades at least B6 (academic subjects) with 3 O-Level/SPM credits including Mathematics (also UEC Mathematics)
UEC with 8 grades at least B6 (academic subjects) with one subject being UEC Mathematics
Diploma (MQF level 4) that is listed in Malaysian Qualifications Register
(score of at least 80%)
recognised by the University of London
Mathematics entry requirement for BSc Mathematics and Economics includes A-Level mathematics subject or equivalent
Applicants must have one of the following English requirements:
- SPM / O-Levels
A English credit
6.0 (with minimum of 5.5 in each sub-test)
iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language: 87 overall, with 21+ in Reading and Writing sub-tests and 19+ in Speaking and Listening sub-tests.
Why University of London Programmes @ HELPCAT?
- HELP has more than 30 years’ experience conducting the University of London degrees with a proud record of over 1,700 graduates under this system
- HELP is the first and foremost provider of the University of London degrees in Malaysia
- HELP’s Department of University of London Programmes has nurtured many achievers, First Class Honours graduates or winners of distinguished prizes and awards
- ..and many more