“What stood out to me about HELP University amongst the other private universities was its emphasis for a comprehensive education curriculum and its staff of conscientious lecturers. Other private universities may have had flashier campuses but the rigorous educational experience offered at HELP University led me to choose it. But what stood out to me about HELP in the large amount of trust the administrations puts in me while choosing the number of subjects I wished to take. Unlike other universities I engaged with, HELP didn’t seek to curb my ardor for learning but rather bolstered it. With this trust, I managed to broaden my scope of knowledge to my choosing. With this, I became more comfortable challenging myself as opposed to settling for mediocrity. This coupled with the active engagement I had in liberal arts classes, led to an extremely rewarding college experience at HELP.”
- Programme: American Degree Programme. Transferring to New York University to pursue an Economic degree
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded the HELP University President Award in 2017.
- 4th Runner Up, Halal Tech Challenge, HTVB & Ministry of Finance.
- Best Student Award for Semester 05 in University Teknologi Mara Melaka.
- Dean’s List Award for Semester 02, 03 & 04 in University Teknologi Mara Melaka
Brendan Yap Khee Cheok
- Programme: Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication)
- Scholarship(s): Awarded the Merit Scholarship for August 2016 Semester
Awards & Achievements
- Top SPM Students 2015 – 9A+, 1A (School Level).
- President of the HELP University’s American Degree Program Student Congress (Spring 2017).
- University of Malaysia Battle of the Bees Spelling Competition (State Level, 4th place & Most Enthusiastic Speller).
- University of Malaya Beyond Engineering (BEGIN) Challenge (State Level, 2nd place & Best Overall Presenter).
- MSSD Public Speaking Competition (District Level, 2nd place).
- Asia Pacific University National Public Speaking Competition (National Level, 3rd place)
- Anugerah Kepimpinan Cemerlang (Award for Excellent Leadership) – English Language Society
- Anugerah Kepimpinan Cemerlang (Award for Excellent Leadership) – Editorial Board
- Anugerah Khidmat Cemerlang (Award for Excellent Services) – Perfectorial Board
- Anugerah Khidmat Cemerlang (Award for Excellent Services) – Traditional Malay Dance Club
- Public Service Department (JPA) Bursary Recipient (National Level)
- Securities Commission (SC) Malaysia Scholarship – full scholarship for pre-university and university studies globally (National Level)
- Management & Science University Performing Arts Competition – Traditional Dance category (State Level, 2nd place)
- University of Malaya Battle of the Bees Spelling Competition (State Level, Champion)
- MBPJ International Folklore Festival – Traditional Malay Dance (International Level, Performer)
- RHB & The Star Mighty Minds Challenge (Team Captain, State Level, 2nd place)
- Top PMR Student 2013 – 7A (School Level)
Elsa Laung Sangaran
- Programme: American Degree Programme. Currently Majoring in Psychology in the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign